Vitamin D, Magnesium, and K2 are the most important supplements for your body, and most of the population is deficient in these essential vitamins and minerals.
Vitamin D3 – 1,000IU for every 25lbs you weigh per day according to the VitaminDCouncil.org (so for a person weighing 150 pounds, that’s 6,000 IU per day). My favorite brand is Life Extension, but I am looking for alternative options (this can get pricey fast, however)
Magnesium – 240-360mg per day(preferrably taken at night). My favorite brand is Vitmain Research Products. It can be found on Amazon or at vrp.com
Vitamin K2 – 1,000 mcg of MK-4 and 200 mcg of MK-7 per day. My favorite brand is Life Extension.
Krill Oil – 200-400 mg of omega-3 complex per day. I use the Jarrow Formula’s brand.
Iodine – work up to 8 scoops of kelp powder daily. Good for proper thyroid function. I’m currently using Now Foods Kelp Powder (up to 8 scoops daily), but am considering switching to a pill form by Pure Encapsulations, which are high quality capsules.
- Selenium – 1 pill
- Folinic Acid – 2 pills
- B12 – 1 chewable
- Zinc with copper
- Vitamin A (Cod Liver Oil) – if yours smells like fish, take at night so you don’t have fish breath all day
- Astaxanthin – take 2-4 every day leading up to a large dose of sun exposure. Also known to help protect you from getting sick (note: I haven’t gotten sick this winter – 2017-2018 – since taking it and just about everyone is getting sick around around the workplace).
- Activated Charcoal – great for hangovers and removing toxins. I also sometimes take this when I have a big cheat meal.
- Creatine Monohydrate – aids in muscle recovery (before and after workouts)
- Cod Liver Oil
- Bulletproof coffee – alertness, improves short term memory, may help you perform mundane tasks better
- Aniracetam – cognitive enhancer to improve verbal memory, mitochondrial function, and increase oxygen in the brain
- Acetyl L-Carnitine – cognitive enhancer; neuroprotective; improves mitochondrial function
- Huperzine A – enhances memory, increases nerve growth, improves REM sleep
- Modafinil (modalert) – known as the limitless pill. Designed for night shift workers