Other: krill, omega 3
Pre- and Post-Workout
Probiotics, Cod Liver Oil
Vitamin D, Magnesium, and K2 are the most important supplements for your body, and most of the population is deficient in these essential vitamins and minerals.
Vitamin D3 – 1,000IU for every 25lbs you weigh per day according to the VitaminDCouncil.org (so for a person weighing 150 pounds, that’s 6,000 IU per day). My favorite brand is Life Extension, but I am looking for alternative options (this can get pricey fast, however)
Magnesium – 240-360mg per day(preferrably taken at night). My favorite brand is Vitmain Research Products. It can be found on Amazon or at vrp.com
Vitamin K2 – 1,000 mcg of MK-4 and 200 mcg of MK-7 per day. My favorite brand is Life Extension.
Krill Oil – 200-400 mg of omega-3 complex per day. I use the Jarrow Formula’s brand.
Iodine – work up to 8 scoops of kelp powder daily. Good for proper thyroid function. I’m currently using Now Foods Kelp Powder, but am considering switching to a pill form by Pure Encapsulations (see both below)
Now Foods Kelp Powder – up to 8 scoops daily
Pure Encapsulations Potassium Iodine – high quality capsules
- Vitamin A (Cod Liver Oil) – if yours smells like fish, take at night so you don’t have fish breath all day
- Astaxanthin – take 2-4 every day leading up to a large dose of sun exposure
- Activated Charcoal – great for hangovers and removing toxins
Pre and Post-Workout
- TrueNutrition – Swedish Oat Starch (chocolate, banana, strawberry, vanilla)
- Creatine Monohydrate – aids in muscle recovery (before and after workouts)
- Green Tea – antioxidants & low dose of caffeine
- Bulletproof Coffee – caffeine, fat for fuel
- Kombucha – great tasting paleo-friendly drink
- Almond milk, coconut milk
- Red Wine
- Beef Jerky – duh!
- Mixed Nuts – Trader Joe’s 50% less salt, dry roasted & salted (no peanuts!)
- Dark Chocolate – 70% or higher cacao
- Bulletproof coffee – alertness, improves short term memory, may help you perform mundane tasks better
- Aniracetam – cognitive enhancer to improve verbal memory, mitochondrial function, and increase oxygen in the brain
- Acetyl L-Carnitine – cognitive enhancer; neuroprotective; improves mitochondrial function
- Huperzine A – enhances memory, increases nerve growth, improves REM sleep
- Modafinil (modalert) – known as the limitless pill. Designed for night shift workers
- Dual-N-Back – increases IQ, memory, and REM sleep
- MCT Oil
- Coconut Oil – tropicaltraditions.com or 365 Organic