I’m so glad you landed on this post. Props to you for understanding that improving the quality of your fat-intake is important. For some of you, fats make up a large part of your diet (50-70%) and if that’s the case – it’s especially vital to be mindful of your daily choices you make.
So what are the good fats?
Good, Healthy Fats
- MCT Oil. This oil is an extract from coconut oil and is easy for your gut to digest.
- Omega 3 Fish Oil
- Cod Liver Oil
- Animal fats (Grass fed beef, Duck fat, Chicken fat (schmaltz))
- Coconut oil
- Butter (grass fed)
- Ghee (this is essentially clarified butter and the best oil for cooking. Clarified means the water has been boiled off.)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Avacados and avacado oil
- Egg yolks
- Palm oil
- Cacao butter
Other Notable Fats/Oils:
- Nuts (in order of highest to lowest omega-3 content)
- Walnuts, Macademia nuts, Pistachios, Hazelnuts, Pecans, Almonds
- Pumpkin, Sunflower
I encourage all of you to take a look at these lists and ask yourself which fats you favor and which you could do a better job incorporating into your diet.
If there are any fats I have missed, please leave a comment!
Stay tuned for a blog post on the most unhealthy fats…